[CQ-Contest] do the math

Subject: [CQ-Contest] do the math
From: w5robert@blkbox.com (Robert 8P9P)
Date: Thu Mar 12 21:35:33 1998
Consider 20meters at good condition:
A real situation to say >100 USA stations want to CQ & run.
Ditto >100 DX.   Between 14150 to 14350 there's 200 kHz of which 10 go to
SSTV,
10 to a net & 10 to ragchewers.  This leaves the spacing at less than 1 kHz
between
loud, KW+ CQ'ing running contest stations.

Heck get non-contesters upset, listen to the frustration of ourselves.

We need more band space?  Perhaps during the contest weekend we could ask
the FCC if we could go 50 kHz lower on ssb?  - one idea.

Robert W5AJ  (yes really at 8P9P not that other one....)