[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck)
Date: Sat Apr 4 23:28:18 1998
Now you guys have suckered me in for my 2 cents worth.  I cannot believe that
most contesters contest only to win.  A contest is a competition.  It is the
competition that is fun.  Only one guy wins a marathon run, but virtually
everyone enjoys it and has fun.  Finding out that you won 8 or 10 months later
is just an ego trip.  The race against the rate meter during the contest is the
fun!

Chuck, KZ5MM
(Ain't no meters like 10 meters!)