[CQ-Contest] LOG software for contest-oriented guys

Subject: [CQ-Contest] LOG software for contest-oriented guys
From: l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt (Pedro Pedroso)
Date: Thu May 7 19:36:40 1998
        Hello !
        For several years I have used paper log for "normal" QSOs and
        CT for contest QSOs. When I decided to get a software to manage
        all QSOs, QSLs, awards,...etc I check some of the most popular
        ones but my choice was (and still is) DX4WIN !
        It is the best logging program I have ever seen. It can import
        files from a lot (if not all !) other logging software made
        before. I also put over 2000 QSOs from my old paper log, and
        it was not difficult.
        I don't use it for contesting because I have other contest
        dedicated software that gives more info about score and rates,
        etc ...
        But at the end I import everything to DX4win.
        I don't get any money for the publicity, so I am just being honest

                        73 de CT1ELP

On Thu, 7 May 1998, YO3CTK wrote:

> From: YO3CTK <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>
> To: "'cq-contest@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] LOG software for contest-oriented guys
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to have your opinion on which is the best software to keep
> my logs from different contests. My requirements are:
>
> 1.    To be able to import CT9 files
> 2.    To be able to input old QSO from paper logs
> 3.    To keep track of the progress of DXCC, WAZ, WAC and so on
> 4.    To keep track of incoming/outgoing QSL
> 5.    To be able to register some (very few) QSO I do in between
> contests
>
> Currently, I use paper logs for QSO in between contests, CT9 for
> contests and some Excel files for incoming QSL. I even considered to
> program my own database software, but there is no point in re-inventing
> the wheel.
>
> Thank you all for your wisdom.
>
> 73 de Mike, YO3CTK
>

> --

 | Pedro Pedroso                        |                            |
 | l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt               |  CT1ELP                    |
 | Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores   |  Founder member of GPDX    |
 | (Telecomunicacoes e electronica)     |  ct1elp@amsat.org          |
 | Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2806 Almada Codex , PORTUGAL               |