[CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics - A Case Study?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics - A Case Study?
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Thu May 21 09:34:55 1998
Good thing there are few hit men in Idaho!

Every year I have a friend send me a disk of all the spots off his local
cluster (he is in Texas) so I can see how many times EWA shows up in the
pleading and/or worked list.  It follows what you have posted.....there are
a lot of questionable ethics out there.

I would submit that this kind of behaviour is far more prevalent than
running QRO and entering as QRP.

On the other side of the coin is the possibility that these aren't the real
calls of the posters.

A stalemate at best.

The almost bottom line is that the ARRL needs to do some form of QA/QC
during and after the contests to maintain the integrity of the contest
results above and beyond log checking.

The true bottom line is we as contest participants need to put on the old
peer preesure to those that are transgressing.

73 Gary K7FR