VAST:Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics - A Case Study?

Subject: VAST:Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics - A Case Study?
From: timo.klimoff@ktm.vn.fi (Klimoff Timo)
Date: Fri May 22 10:07:19 1998
Hans Brakob:

>>* Entered as Single Operator (indicating they did not use
>>PacketCluster): WB8RNY, W0VFO, K2MP, N9PQU
>
>If they only used the cluster to send spots (others, not themselves),
>and not read spots, then this (I think) is legal.  Most (all?) of
>your examples, however, seem to be begging for mults/spotting
>themselves.

Receiving cluster spots or not - spotting yourself or begging for
missing multiplier, this is an amateur radio means of soliciting Q's
or mults. But of course if you use CT it is techinically possible just
 to send spots, nema problema. The real problem is what you send!

Against the rules? Well, IMHO yes.

And two-radio-dilemma what K4JRB mentioned is quite bad as well. It
happens all the time during the big contests. Of course, if you are
big gun yourself, it is easier to fight against 2radio op, but being
small pistol it is much harder to battle against these guys coming to
your frequency without listening. Especially it was hard during the
last CQWW 160m CW when I thought some well-known guys have gone
crazy...( I do not mention any calls here.. ;=) )

73 CU in WPX CW @OH1AF

Timo OH1NOA/OH0NOA

                Timo Klimoff

Email:          timo.klimoff@ktm.vn.fi
or              oh1noa@qsl.net
WWW-homepage:   http://www.qsl.net/oh1noa
"Improvement make straight roads, but the crooked roads without
improvement are roads of genius"