[CQ-Contest] W4AN's Contest Software Tip of the Day

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W4AN's Contest Software Tip of the Day
From: beaton@wintermute.co.uk (Alastair Beaton)
Date: Thu Jul 16 02:05:08 1998
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] W4AN's Contest Software Tip of the Day
>
> Tip #2:  I always make my autoexec.bat file so that it starts the
> software automatically for the contest I am operating.

Great advice, Bill.

It's even better insurance when you're running TSRs for a network, voice
keyer, etc. Trying to remember all the switches when the power glitches
after 36 hours is no fun.

It's also useful to have an additional BAT file, like "STOP.BAT" containing
the commands to unload all the TSRs (usually the -u switch), should you need
to quit to run other software or troubleshoot a problem.

BTW, pressing the F8 key allows you to Yes/No each line in CONFIG.SYS and
AUTOEXEC.BAT, so you can restart your machine without running the contest
program.

73
Al, GM4BAP