[CQ-Contest] Announcing: Watch-a-Contest live on Internet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing: Watch-a-Contest live on Internet
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Mon Aug 3 15:29:49 1998

Jim Pratt writes:

>I had considered adding a "Jim-Cam" during some contest to show me
>operating the contest on-line, along with the frequency on which I was
>operating, and with a RealAudio feed of my TX/RX audio.  But, after
>talking to several people, I was persuaded this probably wasn't a good
>idea since it would be like "self spotting" myself via the internet, a
>violation of the contest rules.

I have thought of doing this also - I think a web cam would
be fine - as long as you can see the frequency and such.
I think you are correct in that CQ WW rules seem to
make haveing your frequency or real time log a violation.

Other problems would be the temptation to be "bothered" by
folks who know your frequency and can hear it on
the web.

I still think it would be cool and with connection
speeds increasing it is getting easy.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "