[CQ-Contest] Re: Default Zone in Contest Software

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Default Zone in Contest Software
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed Aug 12 15:28:23 1998

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:51:25 -0700 "John T. Laney, III"
<K4BAI@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>As long as we are talking about contesters in WVA, how often do you
>think DX stations change the default (04) of W8AH and N8YYS and other
>8 stations in WVA to the correctly sent zone of 05?  I bet the
percentage
>of computer contesters who get their zone correct consistently is very
>low.  N4ZR is saved that problem since the default for him is 05.  73,
>John, K4BAI / 8P9HT.

A "pregnant pause" after sending the CQ  ZONE exchange is a good
indicator of when a DX stations "gets it", i.e. that one's zone is NOT
the same as the default.  Those of us in Alabama, Tennessee, and
Kentucky (ZONE  4,  NOT  5) live with this problem every year in the
CQ  WW  contests.   I'm sure the non-coastal W7's suffer the same
plight.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]