[CQ-Contest] Zero-point QSO's in CQWW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Zero-point QSO's in CQWW
From: kk7gw@hotmail.com (David Jones)
Date: Mon Nov 16 19:25:46 1998
>My problem is 40SSB trying to work a W/K mult.  The way I see it is:
>
>1) Make a sked.
>2) Move someone.
>3) Make a QSO with a non-contester on 40 SSB.
>
>Since making before contest skeds seems to be frowned upon, and a non-
>contester might give you a true unique, the only option appears to move
>someone.  Not a big deal, but would you move to 40 SSB for a zero point
QSO?

Well, during CQ WW SSB last month, I did exactly that to get my K mult
on 40 SSB.  I have a real little pistol station (low dipoles for 20 and
40) so nighttime and the low bands were pretty slow.  Add to that the
fact that at the time I only had 1 VFO (got a 2nd a week later) and
40/80/160 were realllly slow.

So, after I'd cleaned out the low bands, I went up to 20 and CQ'd my
brains out.  Got a local to answer, asked him if he'd move to 40.  He
did, and I got my mult.

As to 0-pointers in general, I think people just need to learn one
thing: Log everyone you work.  I don't understand why people have an
aversion to seeing 0-pointers in the log.

73

David Jones, KK7GW
kk7gw@hotmail.com