[CQ-Contest] Zero-point QSO's in CQWW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Zero-point QSO's in CQWW
From: W3DMB@aol.com (W3DMB@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 14:13:41 1998
Bill,  If rules are "changed only to benefit the the majority of the
participants."  Then contests would only allow tri-banders, dipoles, and
single 100-watt max rigs..  since that is what the majority actually use, and
that change would benefit them...  No antenna farms and no KW amps.  Wow !
   I think we can find a better standard for change..
Jerry - W3DMB

 From:  w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
 Sender:        owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

 Personally I believe eliminating country to country QSO's is a good thing.
 Yes a SMALL percentage of people will miss 40 zones or 100 countries, but
 I dont think the impact of a rule change on 2% of the entrants should
 dictate the direction of the contest.  Rules should always be changed (or
 not) to benefit the majority of the participants.