[CQ-Contest] Re: Sending the wrong exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Sending the wrong exchange
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Mon Mar 8 12:24:55 1999
On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 11:37:33AM -0600, Hans K0HB wrote:

> Fatchett, Mike wrote:
>
> > Not to complain but I would like to see a rule that you use the same info
> > the entire contest.
>
> Why? (This is not a smart-@$$ question.)  So long as my submitted log
> accurately shows what I sent for each exchange, and your log contains
> the same information received, neither of us loses the QSO.
>
> If I operate ARRL DX from offshore and change my power level randomly
> for each contact, this will reward the good operators and penalize those
> who just accept what CT says I sent on another band.

Plus, to be correct, some stations might have a KW on most bands, but, say
only 100 watts on top band.  Some might wonder, "gee, he seems like a crack
operator with good ears - I wonder if I can get him with 5 watts," when most
of the time they're running 100 watts.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page