[CQ-Contest] Re: Sending the wrong exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Sending the wrong exchange
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Wed Mar 10 02:51:30 1999
At 11:27 AM 3/9/99 -0500, W7NN@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/8/99 12:33:46 PM EST, alan@es.com writes:
>> I ran into this quite a bit with the 1K, K and KW guys. I heard operators
>>  saying all three, and more common was K and KW being sent by the same
>>  operator. I noticed that with some multiop stations there were
>>  inconsistencies with some operators sending K and some sending KW
>But all of these exchanges are a violation.
>Rule 4.2 states "DX stations send signal report and power (three-digit number
>indicating approximate transmitter output power).

Ron -

Why don't we put this one to bed for a while.   I think EVERYONE I heard on
the USA side failed to follow the rules about their exchange, if you want
to split hairs on what the wording means.  (You did read the rules?  Dec
QST, p.97)

> Rule 4. Contest Exchange:
> 4.1 W/VE stations in the 48 contiguous United States and Canada (except in
> the islands of St Paul and Sable) send signal report and state or province.

Based on propagation this weekend I doubt if all the stations you worked
should have been given a 5x9 report.  I heard a lot of two-letter
abbreviations being used to get through the QRM - NS IL TN CT PQ etc.  I
also bet you didn't send "washington" for all of your CW QSOs during the CW
contest.  Hey, I can barely spell Connecticut, much less send it at 35 wpm.
                        73 Tom
e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444