[CQ-Contest] SS scoring and points

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS scoring and points
From: miltj@dvec.org (Milt Jensen)
Date: Fri Mar 26 09:20:18 1999
Jim said:

I'm old enough (CK 64) to remember the 1 point  SS qso, although I can't
remember actually having had any such contacts.  I suspect that few
people
claimed them, but rather put down whatever they thought they had copied

and Tree said:

I remember logging some of them and my check is "67".

and Mark said:

I'm younger than these OLD guys (my check is 71) and I also remember
logging maybe 2 or 3 of these 1-pointers routinely.  I thought I was
just
following the rules.

Then Milt remarked:

With a Check of SIX ZERO I must be somewhere on the slippery backside.
I still have copies of my K5FPO '60s SS logs.  I reviewed them to
refresh my memory a bit and found about a half dozen 1 pointers in each
log.  The line entries seem to indicate that some were for not receiving
the full exchange and others for not receiving a "Roger" that the other
guy had received mine.

Upon looking at the old "Dupe" sheets, I said a silent prayer of THANKS
for computer logging programs.

Everyone have a good weekend and enjoy the WPX.  Unfortunately I have to
journey out of town for the marriage of a niece.  73 de Milt, N5IA