[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 5 14:09:58 1999
In a message dated 5/5/99 12:17:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
n6tr@teleport.com writes:

<<
 This is probably a correct statement.  There should be some penalty
 to discourage guessing.  What I mean is that you should lose something
 if you guessed wrong.  The point is to provide incentive to either
 get the call right - or don't log it.  If there was no penalty, then
 you should just log anything and the worst that will happen is that
 it won't count. >>

We should lose the contact or multiplier by deleting that QSO. How many times
we got it right, but wrote (typed) it wrong, or sending guy being tired
beyond level of interrogatee send wrong "thing", or you get some clown
pretending to be someone else "feeding" you stuff?  I think taking that bad
QSO out is penalty enough. Taking three more QSOs just aggravates and
distorts the whole game. Again, I think the original intent of 3 QSO
punishment was to force people to dupe the paper logs and take the duplicates
out. Even after double duping, some managed to hide in the log.
It is a question of accuracy and not "cheating" by leaving dupes in, so the
punishment should not be so severe as losing 4 for 1. To have dupes with
computer loging is virtually impossible. For having dupes I would even
increase the penalty.
With that, I would love contesting even more! I don't do no guessing, I do
mistakes.

Yuri
Vee Eh? One Eh? (put it in your DOM files) in WPX CW, 160m only!
VA1A is no joke, is for real! I have nice QSL cards with horse pulled
airplane on the ice, Silver Dart, the first to fly in Canada (and British
Empire) in 1909.