[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed May 5 17:49:05 1999
>That is one reason I don't like fone(y) contests.  It's hard for
>me to get it right the first time.  I have a hard time
>understanding some of the accents and when conditions are poor. I
>would probably be guessing at half the calls I logged if I were
>running stations.  CW is much easier to get calls right the first
>time.

Hey! Hey! Hey!  I happen to like phone!  With proper phonetics, phone is
much easier.  But with some of the "cute" ones people like to use it is
very difficult.  I stay asking them until I am SURE of what they are
saying.  In 95% of the cases, I don't have a problem.

I agree though, CW is easier to get it right the first time.  Unless of
course, you can't copy at 25 or 30 wpm (I sure can't!)!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na