[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: w5xd@alum.mit.edu (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Thu May 6 12:18:58 1999
-----Original Message-----
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
>I would like to state for the record that I consider using
>a recording to go back and correct errors after the contest
>to be wrong.  I also feel the same about going back after
>the contest and running a log across some callsign database.
>Or asking a friend what he copied etc......
>
>George Fremin III
>Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."
>K5TR (ex.WB5VZL)                            -- Dave Leeson W6NL
>geoiii@kkn.net
>830-868-2510
>http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr

There is a down side to the declaring that fixing a log
after the contest using a recording is unethical. If you send
me your exchange at 35WPM and I know its on the tape,
I'll QSL it make a note in the log to fix it later and we both
can go on. If I don't have the tape, I slow YOU down by asking
you to send it again. (I confess. I have used tape to fix logs.
I hereby apologize to nobody for having beaten them using
this technique. Nobody, because that's who I beat.)

Wayne, W5XD