[CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers in Log Checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers in Log Checking
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed Aug 18 17:37:55 1999
Dale L. Martin wrote:

>>Now this is the answer. Even if I copy 'AUNE' as an exchange,
>I'm gonna ask
>>for a fill till I get 1295, especially when condx are marginal.
>>
>Balderdash, Hose!
>
>Are you going to single-handedly alter the operating methods of
>all those who send cut numbers?  I doubt it.

The best way to deal with people who send cut numbers:

Make the QSO, say QSL, TU and then don't log the QSO, especially if you
are like me and don't understand what they sent (I would have NO idea of
what AUNE would mean).  He claims the QSO, you don't.  Both send in
scores.  He loses three points and a possible multiplier.  You lose
nothing and it sure as heck beats getting the translation wrong.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na