[CQ-Contest] Contest Fees

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Fees
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Wed Sep 22 15:34:39 1999
It seems to me that the vast majority wants nothing to do with
"entrance" fees for contests.  I agree.

A reason that I haven't seen mentioned (did I miss it?) is that money
doesn't seem to be CQ's (only) problem.  Apparently several offers of
volunteer assistance have been offered by different hams at different
times with no response from CQ.

Also, the plaques are already paid for (many by individuals). There's
little financial excuse for those not going out in a timely manner.

As I said before, people already cough up $4 US an issue or subscribe -
and many like me find the WW the primary (not the only) reason they
subscribe.  If the WW write-ups and certificates fade away, so will
these subscriptions.

Mike
n2mg@contesting.com