[CQ-Contest] Sleep deprevation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sleep deprevation
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Wed Dec 1 21:20:59 1999

I slept 4 hours right before the contest.  This kept me going through the
48 hour contest and I felt better than any other contest to date.

HOWEVER...  I seemed to have lost the ability to send an L, F, or C some
time Sunday morning with my paddles.  Man did this piss me off.  The more
I tried, the worse it got.  I just can't operate without slapping those
paddles around...  it's part of the fun.  So this was really frustrating.
I finally gave up on paddles all together for about an hour and that
seemed to help a lot.  I haven't been on the air since the contest, so I
don't know if I have suffered any permanent damage.  :)

I also followed someone's advice from here last year and avoided Turkey.
I don't think it makes any difference, but why take a chance?  I ate very
little for the most part.  I believe keeping the blood out of your stomach
is important too.

73

Bill Fisher