[CQ-Contest] Working Dupes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Dupes
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Tue Dec 14 17:24:58 1999
I think most checking software would show HG1H as a "busted call" based
on the fact that it is one off of HG1S and the credit would be deleted
(plus penalties in some contests).  That was originally the result of
the 1998 log checking software for my QSO from W4AN to W3VT.  W3UT had
sent in a log.  The software said W3VT was a busted call and deleted it
plus penalties.  I then pointed out that I had worked both station is
succession, one in MD or PA and one (W3VT) in SC, and that the checks
were different.  The software was then changed by N6TR to show a busted
call only if the other data (or maybe it was just QTH) was the same.
So, I got credit for both QSOs that I had actually made.  (I got #4 from
W3VT who is a friend of mine, but who probably thought he was working
W4AN at the key.)  So the SS software would throw the HG1H contact out
as a busted call with attendant penalties (assuming the QTH info was the
same if such info was exchanged).  So, I doubt that anyone would get
credit for both HG1S and HG1H.  73, John, K4BAI/8P9HT.