[CQ-Contest] Working Dupes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Dupes
From: gjk@hogpb.mt.att.com (Gerald J Kersus)
Date: Wed Dec 15 10:15:58 1999
The paranoia about logging dupes is amazing.  When called by a dupe, I
usually just log it.  The only exception is if a station calls again
after only a few few minutes.  I assume he was just working a station
close to me.

During CQWW CW, I called a PY1 station (who reported a pretty nice score)
twice to be told I was a dupe.  The first time I just tuned on.  Later that
day, I called him again.  After he sent "QSOB4", I sent "no  W1GD".  He
actually replied with a time for the QSO!!!  I quickly checked that time
(plus and minus about 15 minutes) and there was nothing even close to his
call.  I decided to not waste any more time for a simple 3-point QSO. So, he's
not in my log.  I suspect he'll get hit with a 3 QSO penalty.  But, at
least his log doesn't have any dupes in it.....

Gerry, W1GD