[CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Wed Mar 29 21:25:31 2000
N2TK wrote:

Am in complete agreement with "TO" here, with this exception:

> - if you only send the last 2, it is amazing how many other come back when
> you ask for "NA" as used in the example below. Typically will get several to
> keep calling if they have an "N" or "A" anywhere in their call.
> - On phone some use phonetics or their pronunciation of certain letters or
> phonetics  are hard to understand. By giving their entire call it is
> sometimes easier to pick out bits and pieces of the whole call such as
> "K?5?NA" There is less likelihood that many will still be come back.

I don't think it matters one bit to ask for the "NA" or such.
People keep calling in large numbers regardless. And any
similarity to the call one is trying to get, and theirs, is
simply not there. And it's the same on CW or SSB.

People simply don't listen, or just ignor.

As for me, I would rather say "full calls only" once in awhile,
and I do ignor any partials which are obviously "last 2". This is
net lizzard technique.

Perhaps a word to the wise in the rules ( not a rule ) would
help. But if we're going to stop this, we have to be the ones to
do so.

73
Ed ( damn, first 2 )