[CQ-Contest] call sign in contests

Subject: [CQ-Contest] call sign in contests
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Tue Feb 20 02:11:55 2001
Thanks to all that responded to my question. I received 23 answers all but 2
went though the email list. There might have been more if the server hadn't
gone down :)
I think I made it sound like I hadn't decided to upgrade and that I was new
to contesting, I have been contesting for several years now ( mostly on 10
meters) and I have already decided to upgrade.
All the responses were great and informative ( except one which I didn't let
bother me).
Even though almost all the responses were sent to the list I thought I would
let you know the break down as there were so many.

                  12 for changing my call
                   6 for leaving it as it is
                   6 telling me how to form a club station and get
                     a second call

Well I have decided that I like my call no matter how long it is so I will
study for the test and upgrade but keep my call. If a REALLY good shorter
call come to my attention I might think about maybe changing my call but
until then it will still be KC5AJX.
So look for me in the contests ( as soon as I get the tower up, but that is
another subject for another list)
73
Rick
KC5AJX