[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu Mar 8 17:26:52 2001
On 3/6/01 0:01, Bob Naumann - N5NJ at n5nj@gte.net wrote:

 >If you've left a frequency, you're not there anymore.
 >
 >Since you're not there, it's not your frequency.

I disagree with this assertion. It's never "your" frequency at all. No
one can "own" a frequency. You can USE a frequency, but you never "own"
it.

But, if you're not there, you can't be using the frequency.

 >Leaving one frequency to make a qso elsewhere is a risky proposition.

Yup. You have to weigh the risk of losing a frequency versus the value of
the 2nd radio Q.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901