[CQ-Contest] Alpha 76 or 374 3 hole as contest amps?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alpha 76 or 374 3 hole as contest amps?
From: wa7fab@cdsnet.net (Van K7VS)
Date: Tue May 1 22:55:14 2001
Yes Dan.  They will put out  an honest 1500 watts on ssb.  Probably one of
the more popular dxpedition linears and are fairly bulletproof.  I think we
had four 76CA's (three holer version as opposed to the 76A which uses two
8874's)  with us at Myanmar (XZ0A) and they worked flawlessly.  The
replacement tube cost is rather high.  The 8874 is right at $435.00 new from
most suppliers.  I would certainly recommend the unit.  However, last week a
nice one sold on ebay for $1750.00 It was a three holer in nice shape so if
you can find one in the price area you mentioned I would pick it up if the
tubes are ok.  Van.  K7VS  Medford, Oregon