[CQ-Contest] Alpha 76 or 374 3 hole as contest amps?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alpha 76 or 374 3 hole as contest amps?
From: n6ki@juno.com (Dennis Vernacchia)
Date: Wed May 2 00:20:12 2001
I think you are mixing up the 374 and 76 with the Alpha 77.........

The 374  and 76 run 1500 to 2000 out...

73,

Dennis Vernacchia N6KI

On Wed, 02 May 2001 03:41:40 -0700 Tom Osborne <w7why@harborside.com>
writes:

 >Dan Levin wrote:
 > >
 > > In my continued search for cheap full output amps, it
 > > has become clear that Alpha 76 and 374 amps with 3
 > > 8874's are available for around $1150 or so in good
 > > shape.  Does anyone have an opinion about their
 > > suitability for SSB contest use?  Do they put out
 > > 1500 watts?
 > >
 > > Thanks!
 > >
 > >                       ***dan, K6IF
 >

 >Hi Dan
 >
 >A friend of mine, W7IVX, had a "two holer" and he could run over
 >3 kw with it.  The only problem is tube replacement.  They cost
 >about $1800 apiece.  Also I understand they are not hard to
 >destroy if mistuned.  73
 >W7WHY
 >

 >--
 >CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
 >Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

From: Marijan Miletic" <Marijan@Miletic.net (Marijan Miletic)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Which is Best SO2R Box?

You might be interested in the contemporary solid state SO2R box design without
clicking relays in Morse code on my Internet pages
http://artinian.bit.si/radio.htm

My eham article on the above is queing somewhere between W4AN and N5NJ.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU for NIH syndrome :-)