[CQ-Contest] Contest QSLing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest QSLing
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Wed May 2 23:24:38 2001

AB0MV wrote:

"So far the response has been 10-20%.  This is PATHETIC!"

Well, it is pathetic, but understandable.   A good contest weekend can yield
500-2000 QSOs.  Let's see...  1,000 Qs X ($0.25 for the card + $0.34 for the
stamp + $??? for the hours of clerking) X 5 contests ~~ $3,000.

You're kidding right?

Many awards do not allow eQSLing but several do, I think WAS is one that
does allow eQSLs.  DXCC does not allow eQSL.  This too will change.  If
everyone put some gentle pressure on their ARRL directors, it would happen
by Friday.

I just upload my Qs using ADIF format to eQSL on the internet.  You can get
mine there.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com