[CQ-Contest] MP clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] MP clicks
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon May 28 22:55:32 2001
At 06:59 PM 5/28/01 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:

 > > George, W2VJN did measurements at the highest practical Morse code speed
 > > for direct human copy of 40 wpm.  Dot pulses are less then 20 msec short
 > > and 10% rise and fall times is a good engineering practice shaping.  Rest
 > > of the problem is mainly in the RX AGC circuits...
 >
 >George and I are talking off the reflector. I'm sure we will either
 >agree or agree to disagree with good reason soon.

I hope Tom, George et al will pursue this and publicize their conclusions.
I also hope they will reach a consensus, because there are a lot of us out
here who are less technically adept but want just as much to tame our
clicks if we can.  Right now, I wouldn't know what to do  -- but maybe soon
we all will!

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia