[CQ-Contest] Field Day thought ...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day thought ...
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Mon Jun 25 15:49:27 2001
On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:29:42AM -0700, Bruce Makas wrote:

> even better than just a station for non-contesters, how about modifying the
> rules to give non-licensed individuals the opportunity to try ham radio
> also? Possibly a way to recruit new hams?

I don't think you need to modify the rules to allow non-licensed individuals
to operate.  All you need is to have a control operator present.

See also "Kid's Day."

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops