[CQ-Contest] Contest Results on the Web

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Results on the Web
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 20:51:18 2002
In a message dated 1/11/02 11:38:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, kg5u@hal-pc.org
writes:

> And don't stop with audio clips; include video clips and still images, too.
>
>  The contest stats and data are important to us, but to the average ham,
it's
>  all meaningless.  Let's replace the columnar data in QST with the barebone
>  results and more contest pictures and stories to better attract those who
>  may need only that encouragement to jump into a contest and make some
>  contacts.

    Wow - I couldn't agree more. I remember the 'good ole days' when Mark
Wilson was a skinny, young sprout of a contester. His QST SS write-ups were
FABULOUS because they had station comparisons, pictures and other interesting
contest data. Now with less editorial pages available, the League can't do
anything more than list scores and now that's biting the dust.

    Web availability means results sooner as well as megabytes of more real
interesting stuff can be made available available. I'm all for it!

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC