[CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ vs. CQ

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ vs. CQ
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 23:15:39 2002
In a message dated 1/12/02 5:16:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gm3poi@btinternet.com writes:

> If CQ Magazine get there act together they could effectively poach the 3
>  main ARRL contests with a promise to publish the result in CQ.  But are
they
>  shrewd enough to see an opportunity.

    Shrewd? I don't think that's a term that's ever been used to describe
anyone in the amateur radio publishing business.

    I'll just throw this on the fire. CQ magazine reluctantly publishes
contest scores because they take up so much room in the magazine (it costs
money). The contest results issues are the least liked by the majority of CQ
subscribers and have the lowest monthly sales so there's not much incentive
for ANY magazine to put them in their magazine. CQ would love to abandon
publishing contest scores just like the ARRL would like to do.

    And I don't think it's necessary to cross-post everyone that's made a
comment on this discussion that's from the League and doesn't subscribe to
cq-contest. Please check the addressees before hitting the 'send' button.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC