[CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ vs. CQ

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ vs. CQ
From: lee@dixieliner.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Sun Jan 13 00:01:42 2002
On 12 Jan 2002, at 23:15, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>     I'll just throw this on the fire. CQ magazine reluctantly
> publishes contest scores because they take up so much room in the
> magazine (it costs money). The contest results issues are the least
> liked by the majority of CQ subscribers and have the lowest monthly
> sales so there's not much incentive for ANY magazine to put them in
> their magazine. CQ would love to abandon publishing contest scores
> just like the ARRL would like to do.

Then why don't they?  Are they sponsoring contests and printing the
results out of the goodness of their hearts?  They are not a non-
profit, membership organization.  They should be driven by bottom
line.

Where's the data to back these statements up?

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA

lee@dixieliner.com