[CQ-Contest] Future of contesting on the ARRL web site

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Future of contesting on the ARRL web site
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Mon Jan 14 05:24:55 2002

Well after reading, and writing a few, post on the ARRl decision to post the
contest results on the website. I went to the ARRL web site to see if I
could find any info.
I didn't find out what the future of contesting is in QST but on the page
titled "Inside Your League: Contest Branch" at the bottom of the page under
"What's New" I found this paragraph

In 2002 the Contest Branch will have an expanded presence on ARRLWeb.
Members will have the opportunity to submit stories and photos concerning
their contest activities. By the end of 2002 ARRL hopes to make available a
searchable database where one can, for instance, compare one's standing
against others and sort that information by some other variable. ARRL
typically receives several thousand photographs of Field Day activities.
With the advent of inexpensive digital cameras, these numbers will likely
increase dramatically. The Contest Branch ARRLWeb pages will be able to
accommodate far more pictures than can QST. Look for inauguration of these
services in the coming months

So it looks like they plan some good stuff for us on the web site. If they
use the LogBook of The World program ( when they get it done)to post contest
logs on the site, then we will have  nice resource at out fingertips or
should I say at our computer screens.

I have emailed Dan N1ND to ask if someone from the contest branch would post
on here how the ARRL plans to cover contesting in QST in the future, but
considering the climate on here right now I don't look for anything soon.
Besides the NAQP CW contest just ended so I am guessing he will be busy for
a while or does someone else handle the NAQP tests??
73
Rick
KC5AJX