[CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas

Subject: [CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas
From: ums@nconnect.net (Gary Sutcliffe)
Date: Thu Jan 24 06:34:55 2002
At 09:22 AM 1/23/02 -0800, you wrote:

>hi - with the indulgence of the list members, I would like to solicit
>chapter ideas for the "contesting book" AKA "the book" (I'm choosing to
>leave it untitled for now).
>
>I have used "[book]" in the subject to allow filtering if you are not
>interested.
>
>Since this is a brainstorming session, please reply to the list with all of
>your ideas.

Some may  have been mentioned before but ...

1. Pre-contest strategy planning. Also goal setting.

2. Specialty contests, RTTY, PSK31, EME, QRP. This might just be part of a
chapter that is a general survey of contest types.

3. Station set up for efficiency. This one has been one of the most popular
in my NCJ Tips, Tricks & Techniques column.

4. Specialization for the contester, i.e. Domestic vs DX, CW vs Phone,
Single Band (ARRL 10 & CQ & ARRL 160, single band specialization for DX
contests).

73 - Gary, W9XT

Gary Sutcliffe, W9XT          Unified Microsystems
ums@nconnect.net              PO Box 133
http://www.QTH.com/w9xt       Slinger, WI 53086