[CQ-Contest] Writelog

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Writelog
From: k3pp@ptd.net (Glenn O'Donnell, K3PP)
Date: Tue Mar 26 13:17:57 2002
Hi Jim,

The thread began as a discussion of the MFJ-434 voice keyer, of which I own
one.  I mentioned that it's a FB unit but I rarely use it now because my new
computer has essentially replaced it, using WriteLog.

W5GN mentioned that he had some problems with WL on a fast computer.  I'm
not sure why he had so much trouble with it, but his was fixed when he went
back to the slower machine.  I have had superior behavior from WL on my
1.1GHz Celeron computer, in all modes and functions.

My instinct tells me that a fast CPU speed should be irrelevant, but
obviously, something was awry on his faster machine.  Maybe someone else
could shed light on it.

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP