[CQ-Contest] Re: Money talks (Team U.A. E.)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Money talks (Team U.A. E.)
From: yt3t@absolutok.net (Kele YT3T)
Date: Sat Apr 13 21:00:48 2002
Pretty amusing to see (wealthy) people complaining to the selection of
U.A.E. guest ops...

For an average YU ham, you are ALL very wealthy, and from our point of view,
the sport of contesting is "money talks' indeed. To let you get an idea, an
average YU ham has to spend his whole 2-year income to be able to set a
station consisting of: one modern transceiver, one kilowatt amplifier, one
rotor, one modest tower, one tribander and minimum of required cables and
wires. I did NOT say 2-year savings, but 2-year salaries. And just a few
months more to get a modest computer.

I do not think that A61AJ have spent his 2+year income to set his station,
just as many of you who maintain super stations.

So, the real money consumption in contesting activities happens in my
neighbourhood, and I am desperate, since they all expect me to run this
race. Oh well, I hope some of you will print your QSL cards at my printshop
:-)

73
Kele
YT3T, YU1AO