[CQ-Contest] Consider This

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Consider This
From: kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones, KR6X)
Date: Tue Apr 23 17:11:22 2002
Well, the problem with this line of thought is that if SO2R
did not provide a significant advantage, the results would still
probably look like it did.  Only those who are already scoring
near the top of the listings would consider spending the extra
money for a second transceiver, a second amplifier, any
filters required, etc., and then doing the extra work of
separating feedlines, stacked antennas, and system grounds
plus running the extra radio interface cables from the logging
computer to the transceivers.  Adding a good transceiver plus
amplifier, SO2R box, etc., costs money that most hams would
more effectively spend on improvements to the antennas.  So
even if SO2R cost a few points in the contest rather than
adding to your score you'd still see only the high scorers with
"SO2R" next to their contest results.