[CQ-Contest] Using a Bogus Check

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Using a Bogus Check
From: al_lorona@agilent.com (al_lorona@agilent.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 19:34:32 2002
Hi, Everybody,

I have a confession to make. A couple of SS's ago, I used a different check
than my correct check. On purpose. I think I used something like '55' in the
CW SS, and '00' in the phone SS. Why did I do this? I guess I thought it
would be cool to try out another number. Or to alleviate boredom. I don't
know.

I had talked it over with a friend before the contest and we came to the
conclusion that it would not be against the spirit of the rules to do so.
After all, the SS check is only a simulation of a real check anyway, which
of course is the word count of a message. And it's not the same as changing
your precedence or your section, which would have very serious consequences
for you and for others.

I suspect that some folks couldn't care less what check I sent, while others
may take exception to the practice. I want to hear all sides, because I'm
thinking of doing it again.

Regards,

Al  W6LX