[CQ-Contest] Beyond Unsportsmanlike

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Beyond Unsportsmanlike
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Tue Nov 5 14:45:19 2002
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Ward Silver"
>Subject: [CQ-Contest] Beyond Unsportsmanlike
>

>From private emails I've received, I don't believe our mystery would-be
contester was >in the "learning CW" mode.  He's not a 5 wpm guy, but neither
is he a 20+ wpm guy.  >And deserving of better treatment.

You are 100% correct.  This guy is golden!  And I have an idea....

A number of respondents (I count about 60 to date in my inbox), seem to
think the slowbies are not even welcome in SS.  OK.  Then let's start a new
class (the log checking machines will put up wanted posters on me for this
one but here goes).

"A", "B", "U", "M", "S",.....  "SWL"

SWL:
Copy as many callsigns and valid exchanges during the same 24 hour period.
Submit your log like any other contester.  QSO pts awarded for every valid Q
confirmed by log checking.

1) it would provide the basis for "competition" without "blocking the road."
2) it would be an excellent way to "learn" SS
3) code speed would be dramatically increased
4) The slowbies won't be getting in the way.

Just a thought.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com