[CQ-Contest] N6TR's QRP SS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] N6TR's QRP SS
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sat Nov 9 04:17:11 2002
"Randy Thompson, K5ZD" wrote:

> Let's face it, we don't really need a KW to work around the >USA/Canada.

Hi Randy

Interesting post.  This year I've tried something new.  I
disconnected the amp and have been running the rigs barefoot
here.  I don't do a lot of CQ'ing--mostly s&p.  In the RTTY
contests I've been in, I can't really see any difference from
running 100 watts or 600 watts.  Still seem to get through on the
first call.  The wife, neighbors and everyone else seems to
appreciate me running low power now :-)  Think I'll go the rest
of the season running low power.  The only real difference I've
found is trying to work Eu on 40 from Oregon with low power, but
it can be done.  73
Tom W7WHY