[CQ-Contest] Packet/internet spotting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet/internet spotting
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Tue Feb 18 13:22:42 2003
> And I don't think there is a solution, except to get on
> earlier in the contest so you've worked everyone by Sunday!

I'm not so sure that's a solution, either.   There the "Let's leave early
for the (enter your favorite destination here> and beat the traffic"
phenomenon, too.  By Sunday, everyone who has worked the 'regulars' are then
voracious for any new station showing up.

One problem I saw in the pileups this weekend were the number of 'rare' DX
(insert favorite adjective here) NOT dropping their calls at the end of
every QSO.  I heard a bazillion "?" and "call?" while just waiting to hear
his call.  There were even a few DX stations who ignored the "ur call?" from
the very stations they were working and logging.  Add to this the packet
cluster feeders and you've got a real circus.

73,
dale, kg5u