[CQ-Contest] Orion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Orion
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Fri May 9 23:56:41 2003
Is one Orion worth two PRO2's in a contest?  A rhetorical question until
more of the Orions are on shack desks and actually in use in real heavy-duty
(OK, even light duty) contests.

However, having said that, I will happily volunteer to test 1 Orion vs. 2
PRO2's.  We just need to arrange for TenTec to give, er, loan me an Orion
and ICOM to loan me a few PRO2's.  I'll get back to you with the results in,
oh, about 3 years... that should be sufficient time for a fair test!

73, ron wn3vaw

"And if I claim to be a wise man,
It surely means that I don't know"
---- "Carry On (My Wayward Son)," Kansas