[CQ-Contest] Orion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Orion
From: ke9v@yahoo.com (ke9v@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 9 11:52:27 2003
On 9 May 2003 at 10:06, Lynn Lamb wrote:

> The Orion is real, performs as advertised, more than any rig on the
> market, designed, built and serviced in the U.S., and can/will be
> updated as time moves on....free.  You are one of the best operators

I'm looking for more quantification on the actual value vs the cost delta of an
Orion and
other high-end rigs. It's easy to be a cheerleader and say the Orion is the
coolest thing
since sliced bread but I've noticed in the orion discussion, no one talks about
cost--
almost as though that doesn't matter.

Is the Orion worth thousands of dollars more than, say, a PRO2 or a MkV? That
is the
real question in my mind. I don't doubt that the Orion is good. Probably damn
good. But
to the $3300 base price when you add some filters to get those incredible
numbers
plus a microphone you have $4000+ invested in an Orion.

The PRO2 will be selling in the $2K range at Dayton next week.

Is one Orion worth two PRO2's in a contest?

73 de Jeff