[CQ-Contest] 2003 WPX SSB - NA Final Claimed Scores

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2003 WPX SSB - NA Final Claimed Scores
From: k6acz@earthlink.net (Alan C. Zack)
Date: Sun May 11 17:57:38 2003
Thanks for the info Tom.
I appreciate and understand what you are telling me and I am able to
find the web sites you refer me to for claimed scores as well as NA
and DX Final Scores provided by the 3830 group.
However, please correct me if I am wrong but these scores ONLY
represent what people have voluntarily submitted to the 3830 group.
Many people do not submit their scores to the 3830 group so therefore
these lists are incomplete as to comparing ALL scores submitted by ALL
the participants.
It is possible to go to:
http://home.woh.rr.com/wpx/
and access directly from the CQ Contest group itself a list of ALL
logs received from EVERYONE who submitted a log to the Official CQ WPX
contest group but the scores are not listed.  If you were to compare
the number of logs listed on the Official CQ WPX list to the number of
logs listed on the 3830 list you will find a great difference in
numbers, because, as before, not all participants voluntarily submit
their logs to the 3830 group.  A database is only as good as the
information it holds.  If the 3830 data base inputs are incomplete as
to the total database (the one at CQ Contest) then the information
cannot be accurate.  If it was somehow possible to get the complete
list from the Official CQ Contest group, with the scores, then THAT
would be very useful.
Another way to look at it is trying to reconcile your checkbook with
many outstanding checks that are not listed in your check register.
You may think you have that $2,000 you need to buy that new rig from
HRO in your checking account but the check bounces because you forgot
about the $1,000 part you bought 2 weeks ago for your Porsche that you
forgot to enter into your check register.  Looking at the 3830 list
you may think you have the top score for your entry and go out and buy
that new frame for the certificate only to find someone beat you out
when the OFFICIAL list comes out.  Why CQ doesn't list the score
received with the logs received I don't know.  I wish they did.
73

Tom Frenaye wrote:

> The CQ-contest reflector archives are the place to find the 3830 claimed
> scores - you can see them going back several years if you want.  The last one
> for CQ WPX SSB (North America) is here -->
> http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/cq-contest/2003-May/051466.html
>
> To search for it, go to www.contesting.com, then in the List Search box at
> the left, type in "cq-contest wpx ssb claimed 2003".  Typing "cq-contest" as
> part of the search makes sure you only search through the cq-contest list,
> not all of the archives for all of the lists on contesting.com.
>
>                         -- Tom

                                Alan Zack
                         Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
                      Anaheim, Southern California, USA
                   Home of the World Series Winners ANGELS
                Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                              SEMPER PARATUS