[CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck

Subject: [CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Sat Jun 7 00:42:15 2003
K4BEV writes:

> Mine's in my truck (IC-706 - KJ7U screwdriver - VHF vert) . What about some
> ideas for effective contest antennas that can be used from a pick-up? Sort of
> like VHF Field Day.
> Except for an FM xcvr for the local repeaters, everything at the house is HF
> and I'd like to try this contest. Sounds like FUN.

Here is one example of effective VHF/UHF antennas on a truck:

http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/photo/n2jmh/N2JMH%20Rover%204.jpg

Actually, the VHF contests have a perfect category for you!  You can
rove around to different grids and make lots of people happy.  Once
you move to a new grid, you can work everyone again, and they will
all be ready to pounce when you cross grid squares.

For FM, check out frequencies like 146.58, 223.5 and 446 MHz.

You can't use repeater frequencies or frequencies on or near
146.52 MHz.

If your radio does six meters, a 5/8 wave 2 meter mag mount works
FB as a six meter antenna.

Tree N6TR