[CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck

Subject: [CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Sun Jun 8 11:43:58 2003
At 10:12 PM 6/7/2003, David A. Pruett wrote:
>YMMV - just a caveat to not expect miracles with such a simple antenna.  I
>would think that a short dowel rod mast fastened to a magnetic base, and
>holding up 50 and 144 (also usable on 432) inverted vees (acting as guy lines)
>would work a lot better.  True, you gotta build something, but that's what
>makes it fun.

Another great resource if you are not averse to building at the last minute:

http://www.clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm

Even a small number of elements will pay off with bigger results.

73 and GL - jeff wk6i

ps: As far as loops go, I like the ones made by Norm KB6KQ. Extremely well
made, stackable, and nice to look at - but Norm makes them to order so it is
probably too late for this weekend: http://www.kb6kq.com/

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/