[CQ-Contest] Band condx - 10/15 for FD 2003

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Band condx - 10/15 for FD 2003
From: kc5ykx@swbell.net (Reid Hill KC5YKX)
Date: Mon Jun 30 23:18:26 2003
I will give you the perspective from the gulf coast in South Texas.
Antennas where as follows (ones I used only) at 3 feet AMSL.
We where right on the water at an old Navy listening station.
TH3MK3 tri band yagi 20-15-10 @ 33 feet
40 meter sloping loop @ 30 feet
40/80 trap inverted V @ 30 feet

80 - Noisy as all get out until early Sunday morning. Even then it was not
great.
40/20 - packed like a sardine can. Especially 20, it was open almost the
entire 24 hrs.
15 - I had excellent runs on phone here. Sunday was hot. Kept rate at about
100/hr
for almost 3 hours late Sunday morning. We also worked some long path EU
(EA8 10 min QSO)
and various VK and ZL in wee morning hours. Mostly open state side to the
lower lat states
and mid west. Lower 7 & 6 land, 0, 8, 9, and 4 mostly with some northeast
and northwest.
Signals from those where noticeably way down compared to the rest. Had to
really dig for
some of them. Thanks to the FT-1000MP mkV that was possible. (cheap Yaesu
plug)
10 - EL STINKO! 1 QSO to TN. That's all, nothing else heard but SA rag
chewers.

I worked mostly 15 and 80. Well mostly 15. But put stints in on 40 and 20
over the early morning.

The VHF guys had rough time compared to last year and made about 25 Qs on 6.
Last year we
had almost 100.

Reid
KC5YKX
N5CRP field day South Texas Amateur Radio Club