[CQ-Contest] Re: computers ruined contesting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: computers ruined contesting
From: artinian@siol.net (Marijan Miletic, S56A)
Date: Mon Jul 7 23:07:19 2003
I always laugh remembering distinguished Director of Slugs now back to K3
area trying to convince me for years that log checking is better done with a
paper printouts spread on the floor and a lot of experienced stuff kneeling
over it...

My most memorable USA tech station  was K1KP.  Many others had much more
hardware...

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU online contesting since 1984

[snip]
On the other hand I do feel it would be MUCH more sporting and a better
display of Your and a few other guys talent..to eliminate the use of
computers in log checking...then we could return to the golden days, when
only top contenders suffered noticable score reductions...
[end snip]

This is very funny stuff!

de SlugDoug#1
KR2Q