[CQ-Contest] Etymotic versus Bose Headphones

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Etymotic versus Bose Headphones
From: eric@k3na.org (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Tue Aug 5 22:02:07 2003
   My experience with in-ear headphones is:

#1:  No significant isolation from room noise.  If you have anything else going
on in the room (fan or blower noise from amplifier
or computer, other operators in a multi-op), your brain is going to have to
work harder to overcome both room QRM and radio QRM.

   Noise processors in the headphones will help reduce fan or blower noise but
do nothing to quiet down the operator next to you.

#2:  Ear buds get very uncomfortable after a few hours of continuous use.  The
ear canal gets very irritated.

   Personally, I am reluctant to introduce additional audio processing after
the radio before the ear.

-- Eric K3NA