RE: [CQ-Contest] QSO B4

To: <n2mg@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] QSO B4
From: "George Harlem W1EBI" <w1ebi@lightband.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:04:27 -0400
We're talking about working split, right?  How would I know if a second
station 20k away from the one I'm calling is also listening on my xmit
freq?  If I call him two minutes later and he says I'm a dupe, I won't
actually know what happened.  I think sending the other guy's call
(without phonetics) is a good suggestion for split phone contests, Mike.
What I can't understand is why so many guys still worry about QSO B4
when actual dupes are summarily removed by the contest loggers with no
penalty of any kind.  Yes, it does slow the rate.

73 George W1EBI